Friday, October 23, 2015

MOMENTS

The wise don't expect to find life worth living; they make it that way.

     We have in our lives only a few moments of joy and moments of wonder - mixed sometimes with each other and with other moments. We persist in thinking that such moments only have worth if we can make them go on forever. We speak of beauty or transcendence. Or other things. We reach an age and we realize that a moment, or if we are lucky, a handful of moments was our life. These moments are all and they are everything. We must live for the moments but we are so anxious pursuing everything else - the future usually - with anchors that pull us down, so busy that we sometimes miss the moments.
     I celebrate little things. I am more than I ever thought I could be and I am
grateful that I don't take small moments for granted and grateful that I will look back on my life and know I drank up every moment, soaked up the good and the bad.

Followers